Peptest reflux diagnostic pack (THREE saliva tubes)
Peptest is an accurate, painless and inexpensive diagnostic test that tells you if you have reflux. It measures the presence of stomach enzyme pepsin in saliva samples.
The Peptest reflux diagnostic kit includes THREE saliva collection tubes.
To collect a sample you simply clear the throat with a cough and spit the resultant saliva into the collection tube (s) provided, according to the included instructions.
You then return your samples to the Peptest laboratory for analysis and you will receive the results report within two days indicating whether each sample is positive or negative and the level of pepsin in each sample.
You’ll also receive a letter addressed to your doctor explaining the results and what they mean plus a FREE digital booklet with information on ways to manage reflux.
Prices are inclusive of VAT, postage and packaging. We deliver to many international countries, however, we are unable to deliver to Mexico AND cannot accept PO Box addresses. Pricing is determined by your country location address.
REFUNDS AND RETURNS
Please read our Returns page for information on our returns policy.
We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express cards, as well as Apple Pay, via our payment processer Stripe.
Please do not send samples if you suspect you have Covid-19 symptoms or if you are in isolation because of suspected Covid-19 either for yourself or a family member. Do also ensure you follow the collection procedure carefully and seal your sample bottles and packaging appropriately. We will NOT be able to test any samples that show any signs of leakage.
- We recommend that you stop taking antacids and raft-forming/ alginate suspensions such as Gaviscon for 48 hours prior to collecting samples for Peptest analysis.
- However, you do not have to stop PPI (Esomeprazole) or H2 receptor antagonist therapy (Ranitidine) as Peptest will still detect pepsin in the presence of these if pepsin is being refluxed.
- It takes around 20 minutes to analyse your saliva samples in the Peptest Labs.
- We share results with you on the same day as testing your sample – typically this is within 24 hours of a sample arriving at the lab.
- We’ll also send you documentation about your results that you can share with your doctor to tailor the treatment and management of your reflux symptoms.